[Sw-l] Feedbacks about mobile app to write in SignWriting

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Sat Mar 14 16:42:06 UTC 2015

SignWriting List
March 14, 2015

Hi Adelaide -
Yes, I realized you had not seen my message yet - no need to say sorry because we are all communicating simultaneously… We are so fortunate to know each other - a miracle really - the internet is an amazing place -

Also I want to send my regards to all of the fine software developers, linguists and SignWriting users in Italy - I am so impressed with the Italian contributions to writing sign languages and enjoy working with all of you…

When you first posted, Adelaide, I looked up your city Urbino …I had never heard of it. I found it in Wikipedia:

Urbino, Italy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urbino <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urbino>

What a beautiful place with such a fascinating history!

Regarding your making history (smile), if I have understood you correctly, you have created the design of the SWapp but you need someone to actually program it for you?

There are programmers of the well know programs such as SignPuddle, SignWriter Studio and DELEGS, with whom you may have already been in communication with, and perhaps they can be of help if they wish.

Have you been in touch with the Italian programmers, such as the developers of the SWift program, Fabrizio Borgia, Claudia Bianchini and Maria De Marsico? Perhaps they could program it?

If your program is using the ISWA 2010, then we also have a young APP developer here in my home town, La Jolla, California, who might be able to help as well - we might even be able to use the SignWriting TrueType Fonts if the program uses the ISWA 2010, which will also be a part of Unicode version 8 that is coming out in the middle of 2015…

I am supportive of any and all possibilities and I hope that we can keep in touch with making this design and active and used one…

I will be announcing the SignWriting Symposium 2015 Call For Papers next message -

Thanks for everything, Adelaide, and keep us informed -

Val ;-)