[Sw-l] SignWriting Symposium 2015 To-Do List ;-)

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Sat Mar 14 17:02:25 UTC 2015

SignWriting List
March 14, 2015

Hmmmm…..

Talking about To-Do Lists! Ha!

Related to the SignWriting Symposium…

My ToDo List is:

1. Announcing a Call for Papers for the SignWriting Symposium 2015

2. Completing the web pages, video editing and captioning for the 2014 and 2015 presentations.

3. Publishing the SignWriting Symposium 2014-2015 Proceedings book.

I have not forgotten any of these promises and obligations. The 2014 Symposium presentations are valuable, fascinating and important for future research, education, literature writing and software development, and so I am dedicated to doing the work I promised to make the above To-Do List complete.

One thing I feel I need to explain…

I am working full-time to care for my elderly parents. I am semi-retired, but I volunteer my time to SignWriting when I can…it is a great pleasure!

So the SignWriting Symposium is a volunteer effort.

The Symposium, at this time, is unfunded, so right now, we do not have the funds to pay interpreters for the upcoming SignWriting Symposium 2015, nor do we have funds for captioning.

But, the good news is that we can always add interpreting bubbles or split-screens to the videos after they are recorded, and we can always add captions later too - and I truly hope we can do that.

So next message I will announce the Call for Papers for the SignWriting Symposium 2015 -

I look forward to your 2015 presentations!

Val ;-)

PS. Thank you to all of you for your donations for the 2014 SignWriting Symposium. Some of you donated funds for captioning the 2014 videos, others donated time to interpret, others worked hard on creating transcripts for captioning, others donated tech support…All these efforts are greatly appreciated and everything you have contributed will still be used to make better videos and web pages...