[Sw-l] Preview of the new SignMaker 2015

Stephen E Slevinski Jr slevin at SIGNPUDDLE.NET
Sun Mar 15 18:51:36 UTC 2015

On 3/14/15 3:57 PM, Madson Barreto wrote:
> Yeah, the search is powerful! We like that!

Hi Madson,

The searching is my favorite part.  It is something unique and beautiful
that doesn't exist anywhere else.

> And Stefan is right. Signmail is so necessary and we love that too...
I too like SignMail.  I haven't spent the time necessary to see if I can
get it working again.  I will try to get to it this week coming up.

> Steve, I found others fuctions in the SignMaker that this morning we don't saw...
Have you tried the "White on black" preference?

> You said that we already can use. It's fantastic! But we have a question: is enabled save
> new signs? It's possible write new signs and save in the old format (FSW) in our
> PersonalPuddle?
The new SignMaker is built using Formal SignWriting.  FSW has been
stable for over 2 years and it is the reason that the advanced searching
is possible.  FSW is here to stay.

Right now, it would be possible to use the new SignMaker with the
PersonalPuddle in an indirect way.  After you make a sign with the new
SignMaker, go to the "dictionary" tab.  Select and copy the FSW string.
In the PersonalPuddle, open the appropriate puddle, and press the "New
entry" button.

The page to define a new entry will appear.  In the "Terms and Titles"
section, just paste the FSW string in any of the blanks. When you save
the entry, the PersonalPuddle will know that the string is really FSW
and treat it appropriately.

Even though we've made a lot of progress, there is still a lot further
to go.  Eventually, the new SignMaker will be directly integrated in
SignPuddle.

Thanks for your interest and patience.  We are getting closer and closer.

Regards,
-Steve