[Sw-l] HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Andr é ;-)

Stefan Wöhrmann stefanwoehrmann at GOOGLEMAIL.COM
Mon Mar 23 07:52:15 UTC 2015

Good morning André,

it has been so much fun to meet you and Valerie in the „Open Office“
...chatroom. And well – talking about different aspects of SignWriting,
having exchange about episodes of the history and development of SignWriting
is really a good source to clarify questions and to focus on actual
projects....

One interesting idea has been that thanks to the generosity of Valerie and
her ability to share and to discuss her ingenious invention with the world
so many  people in different countries got and took the chance to get
credits in the academic world ...and to earn money while working with her
invention. Do not know whether this idea is clear enough within our
SW-family. I think this aspect deserves to be mentiones at least twelve
times a year ... smile.

Browsing through old files I found this art of piece that shows again one
option to encourage students and newcomers to improve their skills while
working as a scribe --- creating ne entries in any given dictionary.

This kind of colourfull picture shows lots of different SignWriting-symbols
and the students are asked to identify and to look for them in the
SignWriter program (at that times this has been the SW44 DOS Programm)...
Now you can do this job with several other programms as well ;-))

They get familiar with the categories and with the place where to find the
given symbols in the “SignWriting – cupboard”

Have a great day

Stefan

  _____