[Sw-l] SW math problem solving

Stefan Woehrmann stefanwoehrmann at GEBAERDENSCHRIFT.DE
Fri Mar 27 11:19:41 UTC 2015

Hi André

.. Stefan: do you now use SW (Delegs) materials for math solving problems?
If so, would you be so kind as to sending me your SW math problem solving by
email? The Deafian teacher will then show it to the new superintendent.

Yes of course and from my experience I can recommend to start the adventure
“learn to read SignWriting” with this kind of documents.

It is following the Ausubel advice...

“The most important single factor influencing learning is what the learner
already knows. Ascertain this and teach him accordingly” (Ausubel, 1968)

Well almost every visitor who comes to my class and every new student does
understand the priciple of “expressive writing/reading” within a few seconds
if you ask him to look at the numbers as we count from one ..to ten

(The thumb is not the Middlefinger ..smile, the five fingers hand is easy to
identify , the thumb is on the right side of the right , the left hand
starting with number 6 stays as the five hand... ..so easy to follow and
after a few seconds nobody needs any translation or additional hints to
understand this ... it is easy to match the numbers ...

On the other hand for deaf students or for foreign students it is a whole
different job to translate the given signs into the words ..how do we count
“eins, zwei, drei, vier ...”

So now you see that I add the Mundbilder to support the learner with this
job as well

In the end all my students are asked to write the Words fom eins (one) to
hundert (hundred) ... and with this kind of document which is so wonderfully
to write with our delegs – editor Programm you cannot but succeed.

Learning is fund .... sure it is

More to come next message

Stefan

  _____