[Sw-l] Get the FSW Signmaker tool

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Mon Nov 2 18:35:09 UTC 2015

SignWriting List
November 2, 2015

> On Oct 31, 2015, at 5:08 PM, Alex Malmann Becker <alex at PORTHAL.COM.BR> wrote:
>
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm on my system integrating the Signmaker tool to create signs (Link:
> https://github.com/Slevinski/signmaker).
>
> I wonder if there is any way that I can use so that after you draw the sign, he presses a
> button and copy the FSW sign.
>
> You have a routine that I can use for this?
>
> Note: I integrated the tool and set the dictionary and alphabet.
>
> Thank you.

Hello Alex!
Thank you for this message. I am glad to know about your work, integrating the SignMaker tool to create signs. What is the software you are developing?

I know your question is for Steve, relating to software development, so I cannot answer the question...but just for our readers here on the List...

If you go to SignMaker online, for example for the ASL Dictionary:

ASL Dictionary in SignMaker
http://www.signbank.org/signmaker/#?ui=en&dictionary=ase

1. You can find the FSW for a sign, under the Dictionary Tab, and then Select the FSW for the sign...and then copy and paste the FSW for that sign on other places...

2. To be able to paste new FSW into a SignMaker database, you will need to be sure it is "My Local Dictionary", so it is your copy of the database which you can change and add to...The "Make this My Local Dictionary" button is located above the FSW field...Click on it and it will save a copy that is yours...

See attached screen capture...