[Sw-l] Introducing the SignWriting Server, early developer release

Stephen E Slevinski Jr slevin at SIGNPUDDLE.NET
Sat Nov 7 16:20:11 UTC 2015

Hi SW List,

I'm pleased to announce an early developer release of the new
SignWriting Server. The SignWriting Server provides online resources for
SignWriting applications and users. The server accepts HTTP requests and
responds with SVG or JSON data.

The SignWriting Server currently supports SVG images and query string
transformations.
* http://signbank.org/swserver/svg/S10000
* http://signbank.org/swserver/svg/font/S20500
*
http://signbank.org/swserver/svg/M548x514S11010509x487S11018477x487S2df1e453x489S2df06528x489
*
http://signbank.org/swserver/svg/M548x514S11010509x487S11018477x487S2df1e453x489S2df06528x489-CP10G_lightblue_D_x,lightblue_Zx
* http://signbank.org/swserver/regex/Q
*
http://signbank.org/swserver/regex/s/M548x514S11010509x487S11018477x487S2df1e453x489S2df06528x489

The next version will allow for searching the SignPuddle Online data.
Future versions will allow for updating the SignPuddle Online data
through the SignWriting Server API.

The purpose of the SignWriting Server is to provide developers an easy
way to interact with SignPuddle Online data.  They will be able to
create websites and apps that can leverage our existing data from a
centralized location.

I've added some great documentation as part of the project that includes
a concise guide and extensive examples.  You can visit the SignWriting
Server on SignBank or on Wikimedia Labs.
* http://signbank.org/swserver
* http://swserver.wmflabs.org

Regards,
∼Steve