[Sw-l] Bringing written Sign Language to the ASL festival in Boston

Kimberley Shaw skifoot at GMAIL.COM
Fri Apr 1 12:24:52 UTC 2016

Hello SignWriters:
here in Boston, we have an annual festival of American Sign Language which
takes place at Northeastern University. I'll be there showing off my
ASL-themed novel, "A Handful of Spells" (isbn 9781939113283), but will also
have copies of the SignWritten "ASL Story Book" from 2005 -- yeah, that was
a while ago! And I will also bring printouts from the wikipedia page about
SignWriting, am so glad people are adding so much to the Signed Languages
represented there!
If any of you happen to be in the area, I will have a vendor table there,
from 3pm. and the evening performance at 7pm is lots of fun, showcasing ASL
storytellers of all ages from the Deaf community.

www.northeastern.edu/cssh/asl/events/asl-festival/
<http://Www.northeastern.edu/cssh/asl/events/asl-festival/>

So now I'm schlepping around 14 copies of "Handful of Spells", 5 of "ASL
Story Book",  lots of cards and pamphlets, 9 rubber bats, a slateboard in
case of communication breakdowns, and a toy cat. Hope to see some of you
there!
Best,
Kim
<http://Www.northeastern.edu/cssh/asl/events/asl-festival/>