[Sw-l] How to insert pictures into Wikipedia

Adam Frost icemandeaf at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jan 22 22:41:16 UTC 2016

Hello Dali,

My understanding is that there are two ways to have an image on a wikipedia article. One is to upload the file into your specific area, but this is disabled for test wikipedias. So the only way is to use Commons. What I did for de l’Épée was use the file that was in Commons. Pictures that are on commons.wikimedia.org should be useable for your wikipedia. Are you able to find an image there?

Adam

sutton at signwriting.org

Post Messages to the SignWriting List:
sw-l at listserv.valenciacollege.edu