[Sw-l] How to write down elbow movement

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Thu Mar 17 23:08:28 UTC 2016

SignWriting List
March 17, 2016

Hello Honza!
What a pleasure to receive a message from you again in the Czech Republic ;-)

How are you? It has been a long time. I can see you are still working with SignWriting. Tell us about your projects.

And thank you for the video you sent in your original message.  I could view it on my Mac. It may be hard for some readers to see the video, so I have included a screen shot here as a graphic, with the sign written in two ways...

If others wish to show how they write this sign, feel free. He is slapping the side of his body with his elbow two times...I thought I saw a sign for Scottish bagpipes with this movement once, but I could not find that sign written in SignPuddle Online...so I wrote these examples myself...

Writing the elbow movement can be done with the normal arrows we use everyday for writing arm movement. I have chosen to also use the Strike Symbol, but those may not be necessary. Please see the attached graphic. I think the elbow is moving side...