[Sw-l] Call for Papers SignWriting Symposium 2017

Tue Dec 12 11:40:09 EST 2017

SignWriting List
December 12, 2017

Call for Papers to present at the SignWriting Symposium 2017
Extended deadline: December 15, 2017
http://www.signwriting.org/symposium/2017/Call_For_Papers.html <http://www.signwriting.org/symposium/2017/Call_For_Papers.html>

Did you work with SignWriting in 2017? Do you wish to share your work?

I am happy to prepare a special Presentation Web Page just for your work, and tell the world about it, on YouTube, Facebook, SlideShare and in the SignWriting Symposium Archive on SignWriting.org.

The deadline for submission of 2017 SignWriting projects has been extended to December 15th. Send your PowerPoint slides, videos, and documents in Microsoft Word or PDF formats to me at sutton at signwriting.org <mailto:sutton at signwriting.org> in the next three days, and I will create your special web page. I will ask for your approval when the web page is done, and then I will announce the SignWriting Symposium 2017 presentations on December 31st, 2017.

There will be no LIVE interviews this year. Only videos, slides and documents that are fully prepared in advance. Some interviews can be done privately on Skype, which we can record in advance and then post as a video, but I do not want to do LIVE interviews. The technology was too stressful for me.

The Symposium is a grand way to summarize the excellent SignWriting work done in 2017, and will inspire all of us to continue writing sign languages in 2018.

I look forward to sharing with you.

And many thanks to everyone for all the good things you do for the world...