[Sw-l] SWunicode and ELAN annotation tool

Claudia S. Bianchini chiadu14 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jan 13 08:32:06 EST 2017

Dear Valerie and all
How are you? It has been a long time since I haven't wrote to the group...
I took a very long maternity leave (twins!) and now I'm just restarting SL
research

I would like to know if someone has tried to use SW unicode font in ELAN
("electronic language annotator"... a tool for linguistic annotation that
is very used in SL linguistics research... see
https://tla.mpi.nl/tools/tla-tools/elan/).
Does it work (with iOS and/or Windows)? Are there some visualisation
problems? Do you think they are solvable? Everything you can tell will be
fine...
We are doing a mini-survey about use of unicode systems for SL in
linguistics annotation tools...

As usual, sorry for my english 😳

Thanks a lot

Claudia