[Sw-l] Welcome new members of the SignWriting List!

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Fri Jan 20 14:59:44 EST 2017

SignWriting List
January 20, 2017

Hello Daniel!
Thank you for introducing yourself. There are several List members from Quebec. And we do have a SignPuddle Online area for Quebec. Have you visited here?

SignPuddle for Quebec
http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle/index1.html#sgn-CA-fr

As you know, the LSQ Dictionary online has 6395 entries at the moment, so you do have a resource to research there, and you are welcome to start writing signs yourself too...

To start, go to the Dictionary:

LSQ Dictionary
http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle2.0/index.php?ui=4&sgn=47

and scroll down and click on the Register button (s'identifier button). Create your username and password. Then open the dictionary again and this time Login with your new Username and Password and you will be able to add signs to the dictionary and learn how to write in SignPuddle and correct your own writing.

SignPuddle Online is one of the many ways to learn SignWriting...

I will send your book order soon, but I want you to know that there is a French translation of the Basics book translated by André Lemyre from Quebec (thank you André), and the only reason it is not posted yet online for free download is because I needed to do a little editing of the diagrams and I did not get to it yet - So sorry about the delay -

Blessings -

Val ;-)

---------