[Sw-l] Writing Nigerian Sign Language

Mon Dec 17 11:40:35 EST 2018

SignWriting List
December 17, 2018

Hello SignWriting List members, and Emmanuel!

Thank you Emmanuel for your message below. You are from Nigeria? We are happy to help you learn to write Nigerian Sign Language ...

Please go here:

SignPuddle Online Dictionary for Nigeria
http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle2.0/index.php?ui=1&sgn=32

I just made you an Editor of the Nigerian dictionary, so when you go there, please login.

I see there are two signs in the dictionary. Good! But you need to give those two new entries a spoken language word for the gloss or meaning of each sign. Right now you only have the signs without any words....what do the signs mean in Nigerian and/or English?

Can you add some words? Then you will be able to Search by Word too...

Keep asking questions to the SignWriting List... we are just starting to help you ;-)

Val ;-)