[Sw-l] Personal Info

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Thu Jun 28 19:06:05 EDT 2018

SignWriting List
June 28, 2018

Hello Diego (Dale ;-)

Welcome to the SignWriting List. I am so glad to know about your Nicaraguan Sign Language project in Nicaragua. Thank you for writing to me privately back in April 2018, and now you are here on the SignWriting List. This is great news.

James and Judy Shepard-Kegl have done so much important work, providing schools for Deaf children in Nicaragua, and writing Nicaraguan Sign Language. I am happy to know you are in touch with each other.

For those new to this topic, written Nicaraguan Sign Language in SignWriting can be accessed through the internet. Here are some important links:

SignWriting in Nicaragua
http://www.signwriting.org/nicaragua/

Literacy in Nicaraguan Sign Language
http://www.signwriting.org/forums/research/rese003.html

SignPuddle for Nicaraguan Sign Language
http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle/index3.html#sgn-NI

Nicaraguan Sign Language Dictionary
http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle2.0/index.php?ui=5&sgn=67

Nicaraguan Sign Language Literature
http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle2.0/index.php?ui=5&sgn=119

Presentation by James Shepard-Kegl at the SignWriting Symposium
http://www.signwriting.org/symposium/presentation0050.html
http://www.signwriting.org/symposium/presentation0050.html#video

Keep us informed, Diego, of your news and if you need assistance in writing Nicaraguan Sign Language using SignPuddle or other software, or want to discuss how to write certain signs, write to ask questions here on the SignWriting List -

Look forward to more communication -

Val ;-)