[Sw-l] Steve's Friday Update 8 of 17

Fri Oct 26 19:56:15 UTC 2018

SignWriting List
October 26, 2018

THANK YOU, Steve!

Thank you for this great report about these important projects -

*SignTyp
*LIBRAS Wikipedia & ASL Wikipedia projects
*10-week countdown to 2019!

Thank you, Rachel, for SignTyp - a linguistic project at the University of Connecticut (UCONN) that uses SignWriting as a transcription tool using a specially-designed SignPuddle 2 server ... to transcribe sign languages from around the world.

https://signtyp.uconn.edu/ <https://signtyp.uconn.edu/>

Thank you to everyone who wrote and are writing articles in the ASL and LIBRAS Wikipedias!

* American Sign Language - https://ase.wikipedia.org/ <https://ase.wikipedia.org/>
* Brazilian Sign Language - https://bzs.wikipedia.org/ <https://bzs.wikipedia.org/>

and...

Thank you, Steve, for your large contribution to software development and SignWriting symbol encoding. You know we are grateful to you for your hard ongoing work -

As you can tell, everyone, our small non-profit here in the US lost its funding...but it is not the end....just a new beginning and we need to start to write grants and to try to gather more savings so we can continue as long as we all are alive ;-)

I am working on that goal slowly, and I want to thank everyone for putting up with the volunteer nature of our SignWriting work -

I hope you all will give some support to Steve Slevinski on Patreon.com:

https://www.patreon.com/signwriting <https://www.patreon.com/signwriting>

Thanks again for this report, Steve -

Val ;-)

sutton at signwriting.org