[Sw-l] Steve's April 2019 update: the SignPuddle 3 dictionary preview

Stephen Slevinski slevin at SIGNPUDDLE.NET
Fri Apr 5 12:46:33 EDT 2019

Hi SignWriting List, I'm pleased to announce a new preview for
SignPuddle 3. This contains all of the SignPuddle 2 dictionaries. The
dictionary snapshots are about a week old. *
https://signpuddle.com/client Clicking on a flag will bring up a list of
dictionaries available. Later, you will be able to request new sign
language dictionaries as well. The opening page of the dictionary gives
you some statistics about the dictionary. If you view all, you will see
the contents of the dictionary. The dictionary contents can be view as
signs, spoken words, or a list. You can open an entry by double-clicking
on a entry. A single-click will allow you to select an entry. This
feature will be useful later then I have connected the PDF printing for
dictionaries. Next I will be working on viewing the complete sign entry,
searching options, dictionary editing, and PDF printing integration. In
a few weeks, we should be able to start actively using the dictionary
features of SignPuddle 3. It is a very exciting time. Regards, -Steve
https://SteveSlevinski.me PS - I am committed to finishing the
dictionary portion of SignPuddle 3. Unfortunately, after that I have a
choice to make. I can either continue on to the SignText portion of
SignPuddle 3 including literature, or I need to finish updating my
resume and seriously start my search for a full-time job. I enjoy
working with Val, but we have been unsuccessful raising funds to support
the work of the Center for Sutton Movement Writing. We believe in our
mission, but we are have difficulty finding reliable sources of income.
The Sutton SignWriting system is free to use as well as all of our
online resources, software, and fonts. This will continue to be true. To
try to alleviate the financial burden on Val and the non-profit, I have
created a Patreon campaign to support my work. This week I received my
fifth supporter. I am 6% towards my initial funding goal. If you find my
work useful and are financially able, please consider joining the
SignWriting team on Patreon with a small monthly pledge. This will
ensure I can continue development and continue to support the
SignWriting websites. For as little as $1 a month, you can ensure the
future of SignWriting and my work. Regardless if you are able to
financially support my work, I look forward to working with all of you
SignWriters around the world in the coming years. If I am unable to
continue full-time, know that I will still continue to support and
promote SignWriting. Thanks for you consideration, -Steve
https://www.patreon.com/signwriting