[Sw-l] [SPAM] Questions about signwriting symbols with curving paths on sidewall

00000018ddb4db4a-dmarc-request at LISTSERV.VALENCIACOLLEGE.EDU 00000018ddb4db4a-dmarc-request at LISTSERV.VALENCIACOLLEGE.EDU
Tue Apr 30 13:36:49 UTC 2019

Hi everyone two new questions –

1.	Here is a set of symbols:

I interpret the first symbol (S2a900) as:

The right hand curves toward the horizon (viewer).  Then the hand curves back toward the signer (writer).  In other words, an S-curve.  The overall path direction is straight up and down (not sloped toward signer or viewer).

Is this correct?

2.	If I want a path that slopes, then I would use one of these symbols:

I interpret he first symbol in this set (S2B400) as:

The hand moves upward and sloped toward the viewer/horizon, while at the same time curving right and left, as though walking up a curving mountain path.

Have I interpreted both symbols correctly?

Thank you!

Rachel