[Sw-l] Timing Symbols

Adam Frost icemandeaf at GMAIL.COM
Wed Aug 14 23:56:34 UTC 2019

Yes, I suspect we are talking apples and oranges, which is probably partly due to me switching back and forth between full SignWriting and making a shortened form for handwriting. ;-)

I think I will pull it back a little because it seems I don’t understand the “same time alternating” as well as I thought. I could get into why I thought that, but I think it might be better if we get back to basics and then see where the thought paths diverge.

Let's consider these two writings. (This is how I would normally write them for publication. Ha!)

If I were to add the timing symbols, I would add the “Same Time” symbol to the first writing. What about the second writing? Which timing symbol would be correctly used?

Adam