[Sw-l] Timing Symbols

André Thibeault atg at VIDEOTRON.CA
Thu Aug 15 01:56:30 UTC 2019

Hi Adam, Val and everyone,

1)  Same time

2)  Same time alternating (Communication)

Best regards,

André
De :  Adam Frost <icemandeaf at GMAIL.COM>
Répondre à :  "SignWriting List: Read and Write Sign Languages"
<SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACOLLEGE.EDU>
Date :  Wed, 14 Aug 2019 16:56:34 -0700
À :  <SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACOLLEGE.EDU>
Objet :  Re: Timing Symbols

Yes, I suspect we are talking apples and oranges, which is probably partly
due to me switching back and forth between full SignWriting and making a
shortened form for handwriting. ;-)

I think I will pull it back a little because it seems I don’t understand the
“same time alternating” as well as I thought. I could get into why I thought
that, but I think it might be better if we get back to basics and then see
where the thought paths diverge.

Let's consider these two writings. (This is how I would normally write them
for publication. Ha!)

If I were to add the timing symbols, I would add the “Same Time” symbol to
the first writing. What about the second writing? Which timing symbol would
be correctly used?

Adam

Valerie Sutton SignWriting List moderator sutton at signwriting.org

Post Messages to the SignWriting List: sw-l at listserv.valenciacollege.edu