[Sw-l] Subject: OT: request permission to reuse the hand pictures appearing in “SignWriting Hand Symbols in the International SignW =?UTF-8?Q?riting_Alphabet_2010=E2=80=9D_?=by Valerie Sutton and Adam Frost

Daniele Giacomini appunti2 at GMAIL.COM
Thu May 2 13:36:54 EDT 2019

Hello Valerie,

In fact, my intention is to keep focusing on SignWriting. In a few
occasions there are hand signs that are very difficult to read, due to
their particular orientation. Only in those occasions I would like to put
some illustration to clarify how the hands are.

I am posting an example of what I am willing to do (left side is IS, right
side is LIS)

many (countable), 𝠃𝤴𝤜񁲁𝤝𝣽񁲉𝣘𝣼񈗣𝤐𝤉񈗷𝣮𝤊񆹕𝣛𝣱񆹕𝤠𝣱

molti, 𝠃𝥀𝤠񂽱𝤈𝤅񂽹𝣭𝤅񆉁𝣩𝣬񈙇𝤢𝤅񈙓𝣌𝤆񆱵𝤉𝣸񆱵𝣨𝣸񆉁𝤊𝣭񋸥𝣿𝤚

I am not willing to fill all the work with hand illustrations; just when I
feel it is important for clear understanding, because I feel very confused
when I reread the signs. Composing pictures with hand illustrations implies
a significant work and I could not make it, if I wanted to use this method
extensively. :-)

So, I hope I have your approval and also the permission of using those hand
pictures from your and Adam Frost’s work.

As for the IS-LIS Notebook, it is a work that progresses, which means, a
work in progress, but made in a way that can be used along the way. That
was in my plan since the beginning.

Thank you very much to all of you for the attention and the support you
offer me for this work of mine. :-)

Regards,

Daniele