[Sw-l] SignWriting 2020 and the Internet Draft

Stephen Slevinski slevin at SIGNPUDDLE.NET
Fri Sep 6 17:22:28 UTC 2019

Hi SignWriting List,

Last week, I resubmitted an Internet Draft to the IETF.  This document
must be updated every six months to stay valid.  The I-D is divided into
six sections: Sutton SignWriting, Formal SignWriting, Technology
Integration, Transformations, Unicode Considerations, and SignWriting 2020.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-slevinski-formal-signwriting/

The major update of this revision is the addition of the SignWriting
2020 appendix.  SignWriting 2020 is an international call to action to
create, organize, fund, and standardize. The showcase highlights the
achievements and current tools. The work projects detail the current and
future efforts to be completed by 2020. The collaborations show where to
connect with the SignWriting community and Steve Slevinski. The
challenges outline the issues of standardization, exploration, and debate.

I have updated SignPuddle.org as a website version of the appendix.
Please take a look and tell me what you think.
https://SignPuddle.org

I think 2020 can be a breakout year for SignWriting if we all get
together and push.  Explore the website and see if there is any place
you can contribute or participate.  Consider joining the SignWriting Team.

Regards,
-Steve
http://signpuddle.org/collaborations.html#steve

PS - We are preparing for the SignWriting Symposium 2020.  Anyone who is
part of the SignWriting community and has something to share, consider
presenting your work at the SignWriting Symposium 2020. The official
call for participants will come out later this year.