[Sw-l] Open Sourcing SignPuddle 2 on the SignWriting Stream

Stephen Slevinski slevin at SIGNPUDDLE.NET
Sat Jun 27 12:45:44 EDT 2020

Hi SignWriting List,

The next episode of the SignWriting Stream is available.
https://youtu.be/iyDbC2SOC_c

This episode discusses the open sourcing of SignPuddle 2. We outline the
three code changes for TrueType fonts, databases, and too long URLs. We
show some of the older character set you'll find in SignPuddle 2. We
highlight Character SignWriting (CSW) and the prototype 2-dimensional
font, and we show how Kartesian SignWriting (KSW) uses irregular
coordinates with regular expressions. We finish with a discussion of the
move to the new server and our progress on funding efforts.

Regards,
-Steve