[Sw-l] The meaning of some dynamic signs

Sun Mar 15 15:57:43 EDT 2020

SignWriting List
March 15, 2020

Hello SignWriting List members, and Tue Dinh Cao!
Thank you for your two messages. I am so glad to receive technical
questions here on the SignWriting List.

Let us start with your question about Dynamic Symbols. They are used to
show Timing. Sometimes we need to write a movement that is done by two
hands, but the two hands move with different timing. Let me find some ASL
signs that show how these symbols are used.

So I will write soon again with some examples.

And meanwhile, everyone all over the world, I hope you all stay well. Here
in the US we are staying in our homes, and some schools and other large
gatherings are cancelled because of the Coronavirus. I already work from my
home, so it is easy for me, but I can imagine this can be quite difficult
for some of you. My thoughts are with all of you -

I will write again with examples - if someone else wants to jump in with
examples please do!

Val ;-)