[Sw-l] [SPAM] Re: Placement of Signs in Space

André Thibeault atg at VIDEOTRON.CA
Fri Apr 16 13:31:17 EDT 2021

Hello Val,

I notice that I did not get many emails from SignWriting list.  I do not
understand why I do not receive them?

Best regards,

André

De :  Stephen Slevinski <slevin at SIGNPUDDLE.NET>
Répondre à :  "SignWriting List: Read and Write Sign Languages"
<SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACOLLEGE.EDU>
Date :  Fri, 16 Apr 2021 11:50:48 -0500
À :  <SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACOLLEGE.EDU>
Objet :  Re: [SPAM] Re: Placement of Signs in Space

 Hi Jonathan,

 SignMaker 2017 supports the styling string, but it is a manual entry
process and only for creating PNG or SVG output images.
 http://signbank.org/signmaker/#?ui=en

 This example uses a styling string of "--Z01,0.5Z03,2"
 Z01,0.5 = Zoom for first symbol of 0.5.
 Z03,2 = Zoom for third symbol of 2

 This topic gets into the difference between plain-text and rich-text.
 Oversimplified, plain-text focuses on meaning while rich-text adds
formatting.

 If you take away formatting from rich-text, you should be left with
understandable plain-text.

 I believe a sign should be understandable without differences in symbol
size.

 -Steve

Valerie Sutton SignWriting List moderator sutton at signwriting.org

Post Messages to the SignWriting List: sw-l at listserv.valenciacollege.edu