[Sw-l] Sutton DanceWriting: Na ṭarāja

Valerie Sutton sutton at DANCEWRITING.ORG
Fri Aug 6 15:33:48 UTC 2021

SignWriting List
August 6, 2021

Hello SW List members, and Sutthikhun (Ae)!

THANK YOU for this remarkable DanceWriting of the dancer Shiva, which has four arms and three eyes! That is something new to write, and I think you did a great job. I look forward to really studying how you chose to write a person with more arms and eyes than usual. And I also look forward to posting your work, and other DanceWriting and SignWriting that you have written, on our web sites.

This morning I am meeting with a teacher from Brazil, on Zoom. It is such a pleasure that we can have one-on-one meetings together online, privately, and now that there are three software programs that provide Live Subtitles, or captions, while we speak to each other online, we can almost manage without interpreters. Of course we all look forward to the day when we can write those Live Subtitles in sign languages with SignWriting, and maybe that day is coming sooner than we can predict, and I thank all those working on this issue right now. But for the moment, with the Live spoken language captions, in several languages, we are managing the best we can.

If anyone here on the SignWriting List wishes to speak with me personally, and you are a member of this List, we can schedule an appointment to meet online. Write to me privately at sutton at signwriting.org, to setup an appointment. If you can provide interpreters of course that will be wonderful too. But otherwise we can try to manage. At least we can smile at each other, and that will be a treasured memory ;-)

So again, Ae, thank you for this posting and I am attempting to get back to working more soon!

Val ;-)

———————