[Sw-l] HoopWriting: kick-out

Suzanne Pach suzannepach at GMAIL.COM
Wed Aug 18 17:21:48 UTC 2021

Hi everyone,

Hope you're all well. Maybe some of you have seen my HoopWriting images on
Facebook a while ago. Today I attempted redoing one in Adobe Illustrator.
It's the kick-out move where the hoop rotates on one leg (which I still
can't do but at least I can draw it ;).

Do you think this is clear enough or would you do things differently? I
would be happy to hear :) While I'm still working out all the proportions
etc. I've drawn the whole body, but I imagine eventually it won't be
necessary to draw the whole body for every move.

I have one question:
The knee of the standing leg is repeatedly making little pushes forwards to
keep the hoop rotating. Is this the right arrow to show for this movement?
I like it, because I can show exactly where the movement comes from, rather
than writing separate arrows next to each other like I've seen in some
signs. The way I have done it I've only seen in circular movement (a circle
with a double arrow head). Can it also be used in the way I have used it?
(Btw I've used a black arrow head to show the right leg is moving)

Thanks for any replies and enjoy your day!
Suzanne

[image: kick-out.png]