[Sw-l] SignMaker 2022 is here

Stephen Slevinski slevin at SIGNPUDDLE.NET
Fri Dec 17 16:21:42 UTC 2021

On 12/17/21 5:30 AM, Amit Moryossef wrote:
> Looks and feels FANTASTIC!

Thanks Amit.

I had a great coding sprint.
I started with SignMaker 2017.
I removed everything dictionary.
I rewired the state to use URL parameters and iFrame messaging.
I'm reasonably happy with the presentation and features available.
This is a solid v1.0 release.

This is the same engine as slevinski/signmaker and
slevinski/suttonsignwriting.
It's rough around the edges, but it's passing quality.
I think the demo page really highlights the feature set.
I have a to-do list forming that I need to capture as Github issues.

I will have a v1.1 ready before the end of the year.
It will include some, but not all of my to-do list.
It should be a solid release for all of 2022 and beyond.

To Do:
* implement a cancel function for the iFrame view
* implement a save function for the html page view
* better help and documentation
* remove console.log statements
* rewire screen communication
* upgrade interface with responsive HTML and CSS
* integrate the styling string
* upgrade mithril from v0.2 to v2.0
* upgrade config data from window object to json
* upgrade to sutton-signwriting packages
* test cross-platform
* record new episode of the signwriting stream

SignMaker Uses
* standalone html page
* URL parameters
* iFrame messaging
* public editor vs custom installation
* PNG and SVG images
* coding with signmaker and the sutton-signwriting packages

> I'll play around with it early next week, and integrate it where I
> need editing :)
>
> Thanks so much, Steve, always a pleasure to see your work.
>
> Amit

Sounds great Amit.
Your feedback is appreciated.
This was inspired by an issue you filed.
https://github.com/Slevinski/signmaker/issues/3

I will close that issue and reference sutton-signwriting/signmaker.

SignWriting in 2022 is going to be fun.

Happy New Year!
-Steve