[Sw-l] Videos on SW YouTube Channel will soon be accessible again

Fri Dec 17 22:41:24 UTC 2021

SignWriting List
December 17, 2021

Hello Everyone, and Amit and Steve -

Congratulations once again on all your accomplishments ;-)

Recently it became clear that the video clips used to write SW transcription, on SignPuddle Online, were not accessible. The videos worked for years on YouTube and I had no idea that suddenly most video embedded in SignPuddle 2 literature files were showing a message: "This video is inaccessible”.

And I promised Amit and Steve to provide a “SignWriting Library of Video Transcription”. A listing with links to videos and their corresponding written SignWriting.

So because of the holidays and other setbacks, I am just getting started on this new project….

But there has been a roadblock…

I needed to find out why YouTube claimed they are “inaccessible”, which concerned me...

Yeah! Today I found out that older videos, posted a long time ago, did not have the privacy settings that the newer posted videos had, so YouTube automatically turned them to “Private”, which means no one could see them ;-(

I do not remember receiving an email saying that our video clips would no longer be accessible. I must have missed it.

So I am now going through 341 pages of video clips, and there are around 30 video clips per page, and manually setting the majority of them to Public - Once I have all the videos showing up in SignPuddle I can create the “SignWriting Library of Video Transcription”.

So Amit and Steve - I am working on it -

And later, if any of you have other videos that you have transcribed in SignWriting, of course we can include them in this new Library listing -

I hope you all are enjoying the busy holiday season ;-)

Have a wonderful weekend!

sutton at signwiting.org