[Sw-l] SignWriting.org is on the new server!

Stephen Slevinski slevin at SIGNPUDDLE.NET
Wed Feb 10 11:06:26 EST 2021

Hi SignWriting list,

I'm happy to announce that SignWriting.org is running on the new server
and everything is looking great.

We have several more websites to move over in the next few weeks including:
* DanceWriting.org
* MovementWriting.org
* SignPuddle.com
* SignPuddle.org
* ASLGospel.org
* FrostVillage.com
* SignWriterStudio.com
* ValerieSutton.org

This will leave us with two websites running on the old server. Moving
these sites is more complicated and will require significant development
and services to complete.
* SignBank.org - Home of SignPuddle 2 and SignMaker 2017
* SignPuddle.net - Home of the PDF printing for SignPuddle 2

Full disclosure, the old server has reached it's end of life. It should
have been decommissioned in 2020, but that has been delayed until the
end of 2021.  Unfortunately lack of funding has seriously affected our
progress.

I will attempt to keep the old server running for as long as I can. In
theory, we should be fine.  If things go wrong, the old server could
crash and these sites will become unavailable for several weeks.  No
worries though, we have nightly backups and we won't loose any data.

SignWriting is free to use and will always remain that way.  I am happy
to support SignWriting and will continue regardless of personal cost.

That being said, SignWriting is unique and special and worthy of
support.  If you would like to see SignWriting grow and expand, consider
supporting our ongoing efforts by joining the patreon campaign or
donating through PayPal.

Thanks for reading,
-Steve
https://SteveSlevinski.me