[Sw-l] Lexically significant hand positions in ASL

Adam Frost icemandeaf at GMAIL.COM
Thu Feb 25 17:37:20 EST 2021

Hello David,

As a native ASL user and linguist who is quite proficient in SignWriting, I can probably help with your question. I just want to be sure that I understand what you are asking. :-)

It seems to me that you are wondering about the right hand being written in contact near the region of the left eye. Is that correct?

Do you have some of those written signs that you are referring to? This might give us a better understanding what you are referring to, and be better able to verify or better explain what you are seeing.

Adam