[Sw-l] Question on on Facebook SW Discussion Group

Adam Frost icemandeaf at GMAIL.COM
Sun Jun 20 14:53:59 UTC 2021

Of course. :-)

Embedding videos is offered by YouTube and I use it a lot. ;-)

There are several ways to get the embed code from YouTube, but I have found this to be the easiest way: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/171780?hl=en <https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/171780?hl=en>

Embed a video

	• On a computer, go to the YouTube video you want to embed.
	• Under the video, click SHARE .
	• Click Embed.
	• From the box that appears, copy the HTML code.
	• Paste the code into your blog or website HTML.

The box that appears has some features, such as the start time. It doesn’t have the end time set, but it works about the same way in the link. I just added “&end=14” at the end of the link to make it end at 14 seconds.

Below is the code that I got from this method for that video that I placed in the “Video Markup” textbox under the “Write Words” button. I used the start time feature at 9 seconds and then I added the “&end=14” at the end of the link in the code. Do you see it?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9g9fkZCV5JE?start=9&end=14" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Adam