[Sw-l] DanceWriting examples of Balinese traditional dance

Tue Jun 22 23:43:01 UTC 2021

SignWriting List
June 22, 2021

Thank you, Sutthikhun (Ae), for posting this interesting discussion of Balinese dance and thank you for the attached diagrams and the writing of both DanceWriting and SignWriting. You are doing an amazing job. I have been slow to post your wonderful work because of a busy schedule, and partly because you are a very fast writer, and I am rather slow to post web pages ;-)

So I am really glad you are posting directly on the SignWriting List, so at least your work is archived and when I get a chance to post the DanceWriting on the DanceWriting Site I will announce it.

For those on the SignWriting List who may be wondering about the posts about DanceWriting, actually SignWriting is a part of a bigger system, Movement Writing, and all of the sections of Movement Writing (SignWriting, DanceWriting, MimeWriting, SportsWriting, and gesture analysis) use the same symbols. We only have one email list, so I hope it is useful for you to see some of the other uses for the system.

I have not forgotten older SignWriting related posts with questions about writing mime and gesture, here on the List, and I hope to start re-visiting some of those soon.

Thank you everyone for your great questions and keep posting!

Val ;-)