[Sw-l] Brazilian videos for signs AMAR, PEGAR, BUSCAR?

Thu Jun 24 19:09:35 UTC 2021

SignWriting List
June 24, 2021

Josenilson, and everyone - I have not forgotten your writing questions from April, May and June - I know it has been a long time since I have answered.

I am definitely scattered these days, with guests arriving in 6 days, and so many other things - but we all have those distractions, don’t we?

So if you ask me maybe one question - perhaps from the Mime writing you are doing with the golf ball mime - but specifically show us one short sign or series of movements that I think I can focus on and I will take a few days to complete and post the answer for that one short segment - - just take it slowly - it will get done - you are already doing amazing work and recently there was a big golf tournament here in La Jolla, California, and as I was watching this world international golf tournament, I thought of your SignWriting document! ;-)

Also - I would like to write the Brazilian signs listed in the attached diagram - AMAR, PEGAR, and BUSCAR - based on us seeing a video of each sign - it is important because at the moment I have trouble reading the writing below - I suspect others would be surprised because they know their signs already so they don’t realize how a foreigner to LIBRAS like me, might misinterpret what they wrote since I do not know the signs already - it will be a good discussion -

Thanks for your patience and no rush on anything - my guests are leaving July 7th, so starting on July 8th I am here to work with you -

Have a great day -

Val ;-)