[Sw-l] ***UNCHECKED*** Re: Uta Meißner introduces herself

Amit Moryossef amitmoryossef at GMAIL.COM
Wed Nov 24 10:01:46 UTC 2021

Welcome, Uta!
It's great to see the sign2mint project expanding :)

Back in July, I wrote a dataset loader for sign2mint.
Unfortunately, one thing I noticed, is that the way you store(/show)
SignWriting on your website is in image form, including symbol IDs, but not
actually including SignWriting in FSW or SWU forms.
I think including SignWriting in those formats will make it more usable
(copy/paste functionality, search, etc)
For now, I am referencing your Gebärdenschrift as images
<https://github.com/sign-language-processing/datasets/blob/master/sign_language_datasets/datasets/sign2mint/sign2mint.py#L53>,
but hoping you will add textual forms in the future.

Amit

sutton at signwriting.org

Post Messages to the SignWriting List:
sw-l at listserv.valenciacollege.edu