[Sw-l] Sign Maker - Collecting ideas for faster writing

Richard Gleaves richardgleaves at GMAIL.COM
Thu Nov 25 16:37:28 UTC 2021

Uta,

It may not be practical in use, but in principle today's hardware and software technology should be able to support a SignWriting text-input system where a stylus is used to write SignWriting in handwritten or shorthand form, and then the software performs sign search on the entered handwriting and offers the choice of selecting a matching sign that is written in the regular SignWriting system.

For a historical example of such a text-input system successfully implemented for the Roman alphabet, see the following:

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graffiti_(Palm_OS)

– Richard

sutton at signwriting.org

Post Messages to the SignWriting List: