[Sw-l] Sign Maker - Collecting ideas for faster writing

Jonathan Duncan joyoduncan at GMAIL.COM
Fri Nov 26 02:41:09 UTC 2021

Hi Uta,

     I agree that is a very useful idea. I found myself copying existing
signs and modifying them to save work.  Mostly I had to remember the
signs I needed to copy them and modify them.

     It seems to me SignMaker 2015 has a feature that does just that.
Import your puddle, then start writing and it can filter the puddle to
show signs that match on the left.  Alas, you can't easily save the sign
back to the public puddles.

     SignWriter Studio can search signs by symbol too and you can import
a puddle to have a starting point. And you can also duplicate entries to
easily modify the duplicated one.  And if you have a SignPuddle account
you can save it back to the public puddle.  It also has quick sign
editor which makes it easier to get to all the symbols and easily change
a symbol to another rotation etc. However it only works on Windows.  If
you're interested, I can show you how to do it on a Zoom call.

Jonathan