[Sw-l] (no subject)

Tue Sep 14 17:10:31 UTC 2021

SignWriting List
September 14, 2021

Hello SW List members, and Vanessa and Adam,

This is such an interesting discussion. I have been reading everything and thank you, Adam, for the excellent instruction. I like your choice. Very simple and easy to read.

As Adam shows in his example below, the Detailed Location Symbol is not needed now, because the hand symbols can be placed at an angle without the detailed symbol.

Just to share with all of you - over the years writers have chosen a variety of methods to show the angle of the hands.

Using arm lines and wrist lines, “the feeling” of the hands at the angle can be established. And also, changing the palm facing so one hand is a white palm view and the other hand is facing it with the back of the hand view (dark), helps, I think to show that the hands are at an angle to each other.

I have attached a diagram to show you some of these variations in writing…

Please see attached. Do any of these seem readable to you? Feedback is welcome ;-)