[Sw-l] How to write signs in different locations?

Mon Aug 22 21:02:40 UTC 2022

SignWriting List
August 22, 2022

Hello Rubens, Josenilson, Andre Thibeault, and everyone on the SW List!

Thank you for your replies. There are actually other details that are coming up from another message and response from Andre Thibeault from Quebec, Canada. Andre tried to post to the SW List today and had problems posting - I am trying to figure out how to fix the SW Listserve software for Andre. But for right now I will post Andre’s message for him and then we can start a new discussion about options for writing in front of the face and to the right side of face…please read Andre’s message pasted below:

__________________

De : André Thibeault <atg at videotron.ca>
Date : Mon, 22 Aug 2022 11:41:03 -0400
À : "SignWriting List: Read and Write Sign Languages" <SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACOLLEGE.EDU>
Objet : Re: How to write signs in different locations?

Hi Val, Rubens and everyone,

I believe that the reader slowly reads horizontally

because he/she usually reads vertically it from the sign text (SignPuddle online). He/She should easily read because of the vertical line.

I would recommend you not write

because the reader has to stop reading it and has to figure it out.

Best regards,

André