[Sw-l] SignMail is currently offline!

Stephen Slevinski slevin at SIGNPUDDLE.NET
Sun Feb 6 15:46:47 UTC 2022

On 2/6/22 8:44 AM, André Thibeault wrote:
> Why SignMail will not return?
>
> Best regards,
> André

Hi André,

SignMail will not return because of technical difficulties and time
constraints.

SignMail is part of the SignPuddle 2 ecosystem running on our legacy
server.  SignPuddle 3 was supposed to replace SignPuddle 2, but
SignPuddle 3 development was stopped in 2020. The Sutton SignWriting
resources have replace SignPuddle development.
https://www.sutton-signwriting.io

The legacy server is past the official support date.  I will keep the
legacy server running as long as it is useful and for as long as
possible, but trying to update the server to re-enable SignMail could
cause problems I would rather avoid.

Unfortunately, I have only been able to work on SignWriting development
part-time for the last two years.  My attempt to raise money to continue
SignWriting development was unsuccessful.  I was able to raise enough to
fund the server costs and registration fees, but all of my development
time is donated free of charge because I believe in SignWriting and I
believe I can be useful.  If you are interested in advancing my
development with SignWriting, consider supporting our efforts financially.
https://www.sutton-signwriting.io/sponsors/

Because I have limited time for SignWriting development, I have to
decide where my efforts are best utilized.  I have enough projects for
an entire development team, but it is just me on the weekends.

Regards,
-Steve