[Sw-l] signEditor

Stephen Slevinski slevin at SIGNPUDDLE.NET
Thu Feb 10 15:21:01 UTC 2022

Hi Uta,

If you open the JS console, you can see that this is failing due to
cross-origin resource sharing.
The technique that SignMaker uses to load the alphabet will not work if
you open the file directly.
This security feature was widely implemented in the last few years.

The easy fix is to replace the config\alphabet.js with your custom file.
This will allow you to use your custom subset, but you will no longer be
able to use the entire ISWA 2010 at the same time.

Alternatively, you can open SignMaker using a web server.
The easiest way to do this on a local computer is with NPM.
On the command line, open the "signmaker-gh-pages" directory.
Execute the following command:
     npx serve .

-Steve

sutton at signwriting.org