[Sw-l] Videos with captioned transcripts

André Thibeault atg at VIDEOTRON.CA
Wed Feb 23 21:00:35 UTC 2022

Hi Val and everyone,

Val: I cannot read English captions.  Don't worry about it. I am sure that I
understand the general movement arrowhead.  However, I would like to argue a
new third definition of   .

Best regards,

André

De :  Valerie Sutton <sutton at SIGNWRITING.ORG>
Répondre à :  "SignWriting List: Read and Write Sign Languages"
<SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACOLLEGE.EDU>
Date :  Wed, 23 Feb 2022 11:34:16 -0800
À :  <SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACOLLEGE.EDU>
Objet :  Videos with captioned transcripts

SignWriting List
February 23, 2022

Hello everyone, and Andre!

I just want you to know Andre how much I appreciate your messages. I haven't
forgotten all your messages.They will be answered as soon as we can. Adam
and I have been busy with lots of appointments. But it will get better soon.
We are all volunteers, as you know.

Mainly, I just want to tell you Andrej how sorry I am that you can't see our
videos. Of course that makes sense that you cannot, as a Deaf-Blind person,
but you do so well with email that it's hard for us to realize that you
can't see the videos.

So I'm so glad you told us, because I was just about to make a video! Now I
need to think through how to go about it.

Maybe later I can try a new video format where we put in the English
captions officially so that we get a transcript of the English captions and
then we would be able to always publish the video with the English caption
transcripts underneath it and you could read the English or the captions
translated into French? Would that work for you?

Thanks for your feedback and more laterŠ

Have a wonderful day everybody!

Val ;-)

> On Feb 23, 2022, at 9:01 AM, André Thibeault <atg at VIDEOTRON.CA> wrote:
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> I can't watch these videos because I am blindŠ..

ClipŠ.

Valerie Sutton SignWriting List moderator sutton at signwriting.org

Post Messages to the SignWriting List: sw-l at listserv.valenciacollege.edu