[Sw-l] Digitizing SignWriting DOS Keyboards

Amit Moryossef amitmoryossef at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jan 11 23:41:59 UTC 2022

Thanks for expanding on my request Valerie!

The format that currently exists inside SignBank already is one of a
".fngr" file, which is like a CSV:

A,M507x507S1f720487x492
B,M507x507S14720493x485
C,M508x507S16d20491x487

Each letter/character on the keyboard gets a sign. Usually, just one
symbol, but can be multiple like the sign for "J" in ASL:

J,M513x507S19220492x488S2a20c476x472

I think that sticking to this format in aggregating all the fingerspelling
data from the SignWriting DOS Keyboards would also allow adding these to
SignBank.
Attached is the file for portuguese, for example/

Amit

sutton at signwriting.org

Post Messages to the SignWriting List:
sw-l at listserv.valenciacollege.edu