[Sw-l] How can I bulk resize all of my SVG files generated with font-db?

Stephen Slevinski slevin at SIGNPUDDLE.NET
Mon Jan 31 03:33:48 UTC 2022

Hi Rio,

Recreating the images would be the easiest.
You can put the commands in a script file to run multiple commands at
the same time.

If you wanted to do it the hard way, you could adjust the width and
height attributes of the SVG image.

width="14"height="21"viewBox="490 485 20 30"

Looking at the viewBox, the last two numbers are the sign's width and
height, 20 and 30 respectively.

In the example above, the zoom level is 0.7.  Width of 20 * 0.7 is 14.
Height of 30 * 0.7 is 21.

If you wanted a zoom of 2, you would multiply the sign's width and
height by 2.
The new line would look like:
width="40"height="60"viewBox="490 485 20 30"

-Steve

sutton at signwriting.org

Post Messages to the SignWriting List:
sw-l at listserv.valenciacollege.edu