[Sw-l] SignWriting Wikipedias in American, Brazilian & Tunisian sign languages

Sun May 1 17:28:05 UTC 2022

SignWriting List
May 1, 2022

Happy May 1st, everyone!

Steve informed me on Saturday that the SignWriting Wikipedia sites, that have articles written in different sign languages, in American, Brazilian and Tunisian Sign Languages, may not be accessible in the future, on the current server, because Wikimedia Foundation, which provides the server called “Incubator", is making changes to their servers and so forth… It seems the whole world is continually changing … so we have to adapt...

And although we have everything backed-up and all articles can be re-posted elsewhere, for now I am making sure that we have the articles in SignPuddle 2 and also saving them as PDF articles.

I think having encyclopedias or wikipedias in written sign languages is a wonderful plan so I do not want to lose these beautiful articles that so many skilled signwriters have written over many years.

And many thanks to Adam Frost, as the editor of the sign language wikipedias - I could use your help, Adam, to make sure we are securing everything we have done so we can re-construct it later …

So in the next few messages I will post the PDF links to the articles in each Wikipedia -

I send my very best wishes to all of you for a beautiful May!

sutton at signwiting.org