[Sw-l] Six SignWriting Topics

Fri Nov 11 18:39:55 UTC 2022

SignWriting List
November 11, 2022

Hello SignWriting List members!

Thank you for your excellent emails and questions and discussions.

I am going to suggest, here on the SW List, that I answer your questions to the best of my ability in English with diagrams as always…. hopefully soon…I will go through the list of questions

BUT…

Then, I invite you to co-author with me with a NEW SignWriting Video Textbook. It could be called:

Lessons in SignWriting Video Textbook by Valerie Sutton and all your names who create the sign language videos….

or…

a completely different title…like “SignWriting Instruction Around the World in Sign Languages with Captions"

And the only thing I ask is that I am involved with the documentation of the evolution of writing styles, but then you will sign it in American, Brazilian, Colombian, German and any other sign languages… maybe Quebec? Swiss-German and Swiss-French sign languages? Czech? You will have to respond and have a signer or two to help…

The issue will be to organize such an amazing but invaluable project!

So of course I am interested in your reactions and I will now try to start answering some of your questions in the old way - with English and diagrams - but the videos that explain these lessons could become very important for the history and instruction of all sign languages and it would help me if someone would take on the task to develop a web site to place all these videos - I am slowing down a bit and I need your help -

What do you think of this idea?

Your thoughts?

sutton at signwriting.org

Post Messages to the SignWriting List: