[Sw-l] Recreation for Deafblind groups

Wed Jan 4 15:48:08 UTC 2023

SignWriting List
January 4, 2023

Hello John, Wallyson, Anna and everyone,

Thank you for your messages about the Deaf Blind.

I personally am not an expert on Deaf-Blind issues.

I suggest contacting Alex Garcia, who is Deaf Blind himself.
https://www.facebook.com/100003069403112/posts/pfbid021xZCJVJK9jvf4NnHPhBqpvJw9Lz4yNUZsWAra8PBKqSeeVa2bFoeKpahrLrRviKwl/?_rdc=1&_rdr

Alex Garcia - DB Brazil
www.agapasm.com.br
www.agapasm.com.br/english.asp <http://www.agapasm.com.br/english.asp>

I do not believe Alex is a member of our SignWriting List so you will need to contact him privately at his website or on the Facebook page that I just linked above.

Thanks for your emails -

sutton at signwriting.org <mailto:sutton at signwriting.org>

PS. SignWriting has been used at times in classrooms with deaf blind students who know a sign language already. There was a research project at one point that raised the SW symbols to be easy to feel but feeling the symbols in that specific way was not easy to read apparently. Braille has simple dots and those are easier to feel and read quickly but SW symbols are more complex to feel and read quickly. In both cases, you need to know the language you are feeling.

—————