[Sw-l] Question about writing with Handshape from different perspectives

Profo Rubens Almeida rubens.escritadesinais at gmail.com
Sat Oct 14 12:54:37 UTC 2023

Hello to all SignWriting List members!

We know that the SignWriting system allows you to write a sign with more
than one possibility, that is, two or more ways of writing the same sign. My
question is about the writings that can be recorded with the Handshape in
the same perspective and that can also be recorded with the Handshape in
different perspectives, whether they can have a preference of choice,
aiming to propose a writing pattern.

To illustrate, I made a short video containing an example of writing that
fits this question.

Follow the video link below:

https://youtu.be/khEbbOUk2-c

Experienced SignWriting writers have already advised me that it is
preferable to choose writing that contains handshapes in the same
perspective. Therefore, I would like to know if there is any publication
that makes exactly this recommendation.

Thank you for everyone's attention!

Signed hugs!