[Teach-grammar] Linguistics and Knowledge about Language in Education event - Swansea April 20th 2016

Esther Daborn Esther.Daborn at glasgow.ac.uk
Mon Dec 7 16:52:46 UTC 2015

Colleagues

We would like to invite you an event that might be of interest to this list. Applied linguists have plenty of practical knowledge about language and its role in the construction of knowledge that can be applied to educational settings.

Come and join the new BAAL SIG exploring Linguistics and Knowledge About Language in Education (LKALE) for our spring meeting at the University of Swansea on April 20th 2016

We have two main perspectives at this meeting:

1) The role of Metalanguage in language and literacy teaching - Constant Leung and Diane Potts
2) Practical examples of regional projects on literacy and language awareness from Wales and England - Lise Fontaine and Lindsey Thomas

And the programme is set up to give plenty of time for discussion. Click here for more information and to register  https://baallkale.wordpress.com/events/swansea-2016/

Fees: BAAL member: £45
Non members: £50

We look forward to welcoming you there

The LKALE committee
(Esther Daborn, Urszula Clark, Vivienne Rogers, and Lise Fontaine)

Dr Esther Daborn
University of Glasgow School of Education
St Andrews Building
11 Eldon St
Glasgow G3 6NH

www.glasgow.ac.uk/schools/education<http://www.glasgow.ac.uk/schools/education>

University of Glasgow charity number: SC004401

Please note that I work part time, so the response to your message may not be immediate.