[Teach-grammar] A new blog and facebook page on student grammar

Mark Brenchley schlemihl at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 07:37:14 UTC 2016

Dear fellow grammar fanciers,

A short while back, Professor Hudson kindly announced our new project into
grammatical development in writing, asking for schools willing to
participate. We've had an excellent response so far (though we're still
looking for schools if anyone is interested!), for which we're really
grateful. We know from experience how hectic school life is and so
genuinely appreciate your time and consideration.

This said, we'd also like to announce our new blog
<http://growthingrammar.blogspot.co.uk/> and Facebook community
<https://www.facebook.com/growthingrammar/>. In part, the idea here is
simply to help people follow the project's progress and hopefully get some
useful information out of it. However, we're also keen to get as much
discussion going as possible, whether that's people raising questions or
making contributions of their own. Indeed, we're especially keen to hear
what teachers and students have to say; because, let's face it, grammarians
haven't always been the best at producing stuff that's useful in the
English classroom. So the more we hear from you, the more successful our
project is likely to be.

And with that in mind, we'd like to invite you all to join in, and look
forward to hearing what you have to say.

Best wishes,
Mark, Phil, and Debra